Our handcrafted GOTS® Certified Organic reusable Face Masks are made with 100% organic linen, hemp or cotton and a simple linen loop tie strap. They do not use elastic or plastic.
All masks are lovingly made by human hands in Seattle, Washington. Custom Face Masks are available upon request.
The world has changed. New "normals" are developing daily, including wearing face masks in public. Since there is a recommending that we use them, we need to consider taking responsibility in public by wearing a mask to minimize exposure to sneeze and cough particles, as well as toxicities and other irritants that permeate our environment.
We want your lungs and skin to BREATHE EASY, so we created our Face Masks to:
- Provide an alternative for people who do not want to potentially breath in those toxic chemicals at close range and who may also want to avoid the same being from absorbed into their skin.
- Add a layer of protection against lung-damaging toxic bleach fumes, chlorine-based disinfectants, and other harsh chemicals that are now pervading commercial, public and private establishments.
- Made with GOTS Certified Organic Fabric.
- Washable and Reusable.
- Can be used a a barrier for germ and dust protection.
- Plastic-free, Elastic-free. Dye-Free.
- Unbleached, Dioxin-Free, Formaldehyde-free.
- One size fits most; custom orders welcome.
Dimensions: Approximately "7 high x 9” long- the straps are ~ 50" long- you cut to size.
Color: Natural, (unbleached, dye-free)
Nose bridge (copper wire): optional
100 % Certified Organic Linen, Hemp or Cotton
GOTS, the Global Organic Textile Standard
WHY GOTS Certified Organic Fabrics?
We care about what we breathe in and what we put on our skin.
Did you know most fabric made from organic fibers is processed conventionally and can be – and almost always is – full of residual toxic chemicals ? Its production may have released tons of chemicals into the environment.
Did you know that GOTS Certified Organic fabric is dioxin-free, formaldehyde-free and hypoallergenic? Its standard goes beyond the common certified organic standard or fabric:
- No chemicals can be used which have been proven to harm humans or the environment at any stage of the textile production process;
- Water must be treated to a very high standard before release
- Certain worker safety and worker rights issues are honored, like no child or slave labor and a certain minimal level of safe working conditions
Read more about GOTS, the Global Organic Textile Standard.
WHY SHOULD I CARE?
The material your facemask is made from is just as important as your choice to wear one. We designed our masks at the request of those who have chemical sensitivities and for those who care about what touches their skin and enters into their precious lungs.
They want to avoid or minimize toxicity issues that may arise from wearing masks made with plastic, synthetic fabrics, polyester, bleaches and dyes, all of which may increase the risk of absorbing toxic residues into your skin and inhaling toxic fumes into your lungs.
Did you know that face masks made with synthetic, vinyl, plastic and polyester fabrics, etc., as well as from conventional cotton fabrics and dyes may be chemically-treated and contain damaging toxic fumes, residues, formaldehyde, dye, etc.
Kindly note that these face masks and other cloth face coverings should NOT be placed on children under age 2, those who have trouble breathing, and those who are unable to remove a mask without help.
WASHING INSTRUCTIONS- PLEASE WASH BEFORE FIRST USE!
For best practices, hand-wash in distilled or purified HOT water and line dry after every use. Or machine-wash water after every use, and line dry or tumble dry on low.
These face masks are not a replacement for medical grade Personal Protective Equipment.