Botanical Deep Cleansing Steam Facial
This Ylang Ylang Steam facial offers you a deep clean that increases perspiration, opens up your pores and increases skin circulation to eliminate dirt, grime and toxins and soften and loose dead skin cells. The end result? Hydrated, glowing and healthy skin!
What you will need:
- A glass or stainless steel bowl
- Our Certified Organic Wildcrafted Ylang Ylang Oil
- A large towel
- A timer
- Altogether Lovely Botanical Mist or Altogether Lovely Balm Bar
- If wearing make-up, kindly remove it; gently wash face with cool distilled or filtered spring water before beginning.
- Put 1-2 drops of Altogether Lovely Certified Organic Wildcrafted Ylang Ylang Oil in a glass or stainless steel bowl add 4-5 drops essential oil, if desired.
- Boil 3 cups of water and pour into the bowl; immediately cover bowl with a towel or lid so to trap the oil.
- Allow Ylang Ylang Oil to steep for a minute.
- Set your time for 5-10 minutes
- Find a comfortable sitting or kneeling position and, with eyes closed, lean and hold your face about 6” - 8” over the hot water, draping head and bowl with a large towel to prevent steam from escaping; be careful not to get too close to the hot water.
- Inhale deeply for maximum therapeutic benefits; if the vapor from the Ylang Ylang Oil is too strong, raise your head a few inches higher until the vapor becomes less powerful.
- You want to purify and steam for up to 5-10 minutes, until your skin sweats, but doen't uncomfortably burn.
- Pat dry and wipe face with a cool organic cotton or organic linen washcloth to close pores.
- Exfoliate your face and brush away all dead skin cell from your face- using your clean fingers.
- Use Altogether Lovely Botanical Mist or Altogether Lovely Balm Bar to seal in hydration.
- Repeat weekly- before going to sleep is ideal.